We are still open!
Here is a letter from our owner explaining why we are still open!
We told our team going into this crisis that we would be the last team standing. That we would remain open for as long as possible (and unless the government tells us not to) to preserve as many jobs as we can, and as a neighbourhood restaurant, to serve our communities.
The health and safety of our team and guests is of utmost priority.
• We have always had hand sanitiser (70% alcohol) on our waiter stations for the team and we have added more! Please have a pump on us.
• We have rearranged our tables and chairs to give more space between them. Most of our locations are a good size so feel free to ask to be moved.
• Most locations have outside seating if you would rather fresh air. We have ordered extra blankets, which will arrive soon.
Many people think the government package announced so far saves us. It doesn’t.
• The Business Rates holiday, while a welcome relief, is a drop in the ocean. Rates are around ~3% of our sales, but our sales have dropped 80%.
• Our people costs are much bigger at 30% of sales and we need the governments announcement on how they will support us to support our team.
Protecting our team’s jobs.
Every day that we remain open, we do so at a loss. But we are giving the team hours! If the government tells us to shut, we shut, but for now my job as a business owner is to protect my team and I am trying to do that.
The team have been phenomenal through this period, they have taken pay cuts and shared reduced hours, and not one of them has complained. They have been grateful as they have seen their friends who work in hospitality lose their jobs overnight with no pay. Hospitality isn’t like
other jobs where you get months of notice! The government people package has been too slow to protect these jobs, many of which are the first jobs for young people.
All of our sites are currently open in the daytime and we have varying evening hours. Please follow us on Instagram @megansrestaurants or sign up to our newsletter to stay updated.
We are open for brunch this weekend. If you are coming down, please, please book online as this will allow us to know how busy we are going to be and to give the team the maximum number of hours.
Please continue to support the team. Coming in is the greatest show of support you can give. Alternatively, you can buy some of your groceries (available shortly) from us or food to takeaway, or you can support us on Deliveroo!
Stay safe and support local,
Megan’s is closed until further notice due to government guidelines!
Please click here for more information.
Info: Most of our tables are kept for walk ins throughout the day & evening, so if you don’t find availability, please do stop by. We take bookings from 11am on weekends & groups of 12 or more will be required to order from our party menu.